Using drones as part of your business is a milestone. From a legal perspective, the classification of drone operators hired by your business matters – are they independent contractors or employees? Generally, a business has greater obligations to an employee than an independent contractor.
On May 25, 2018, we will be presenting at the Dentons’ Labour, Employment and Pensions group seminar on the legal and financial implications of classifying a drone operator as an independent contractor or an employee of your business.
You are invited to join us at this highly-anticipated and complimentary half-day seminar on emerging workplace and human resources issues. In addition to the talk on the employment law issues at play when working with drone operators, other employment law topics to be canvassed at the seminar are:
- Workplace investigations: Lessons learned since Bill 132, presented by Meaghen Russell and Pamela Chan Ebejer
- Hot topics from the recent amendments to the Employment Standards Act, 2000, presented by Matthew Curtis
- Human rights case law update, presented by Andy Pushalik and
- Union organizing post-Bill 148: Trends and tactics, presented by Chelsea Rasmussen and Craig Lawrence
- Upcoming Changes to the Canada Pension Plan (January 2019), presented by Mary Picard
- Thinking of using drones in your business? Employment law implications of hiring a drone services operator, presented by Rachel Kattapuram and Kathryn McCulloch
- Current privacy and social media issues for employers, presented by Anca Sattler
- Maximum fine now $1.5 million, prosecution deadline potentially indeterminate: What do recent amendments to the Ontario OHSA mean for your business?, presented by Adrian Miedema
77 King Street West
Toronto, ON l Map
This program may be eligible for recertification points.
CPD accreditationThis program is eligible for 2 substantive hours required by the Law Society of Upper Canada
For more details, click here.
Even if you cannot make it, check out our recent blog post on the issue of classifying drone operators as independent contractors or employees here!
Attendance is free – RSVP